We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2011.
We may collect the following information from you during the course of booking with us
Contact information including email and address
Demographic information such as postdode, address, how you heard about us, your interests
Credit/debit card details
Food allergy information
Ages of your children
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons
Internal record keeping, implementation of our cancellation policy/bill on departure payment/cottage payments automatically taken 6 weeks prior to guest arrival.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
If you have stayed with us or made an enquiry via our website we may also use your information to contact you regarding offers or changes/improvements to our services. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use information you provide us with to customise the website according to your interests.
Security – we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and via telephone, mail, email.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computers hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow the applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps to analyse data about web page traffic and customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cooking in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website’s. therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection of use of your person information in the following ways
When you complete the contact email form please ensure that you advise us properly if you do not wish us to use your information for contact – however we do not pass on any information you give us to any third party.
If you have not advised us that you do not wish us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to t or emailing us via our website contact page.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen you should have already clearly advised us that you wish us to.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Tiroran House Hotel, Isle of Mull UK PA69 6ES
(*) ADDITIONAL COMMENTS AND AMENDMENTS DATED 3RD MAY 2018
- Identity and contact details
Company name, head office address & number: TIRORAN HOUSE, ISLE OF MULL PA69 6ES
Company Reg. Number: 393498. Companies under the Abbey Group:
- PHONE NUMBER 01681 705163
Email Address – TIRORAN-HOUSE@BTCONNECT.COM
- TH CLIENTS.
- TH SUPPLIERS (contracted & not contracted).
- Personal data gathered on TH’s Websites and Applications.
- Data Protection Officer Information.
You can contact TH at TIRORAN-HOUSE@BTCONNECT.COM or by writing to them at: Data Protection TIRORAN HOUSE HOTEL ISLE OF MULL PA69 6ES
- Purposes and legal basis of the processing
Why TH needs to process data of those who are affected by this Policy are as follows:
- To fully perform an existing contract or to start negotiations to entering a new contract.
- To provide requested services and to contact (if required) in connection with enquiries,
booking or to respond to any communications sent to us.
- For legitimate business interests including future marketing purposes,
- including, but not limited to advise about offers and information communications. Any other data processing will be done in accordance with booking a holiday at TH
- The categories of personal data concerned
TA collects the following information in order for the purpose of processing:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Billing & Payment information including credit card information or bank details
TA may gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This data may comprise information that cannot be used to identify or contact users, such as demographic information regarding, for example,
- User IP addresses,
- Browser types
- Anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
This information is solely used to gain a more informed understanding of how our websites are being used and to make our websites more relevant to our users.
Note – TH Websites uses session cookies. Cookie consent is obtained either explicitly or implicitly requested via an opt-in or text message.
TA receives personal data through the following means:
- Supplier/Client Form
- Through contractual negotiation and agreements
- Corresponding through email or phone
- The recipients of the data
The recipients of the data are the TH OWNERS AND staff (Permanent, fixed term, contracted or trainee staff) who process the data only in the ways that have been defined in purposes and legal basis of the processing. Each Staff member of TH have been educated and trained in the importance of data protection
- Personal data to a third country or international organisation
TH will not disclose Personal Data to third parties unless TH has consent to do so or unless the third party is required to fulfil a contracted task (e.g. data entry in such circumstances, the third party will have a data processor agreement signed to adhere to GDPR).
TH will disclose Personal Data if it is believed in good faith that TH are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
- How long will the personal data be stored for
TH will retain personal data the following reasons (only exception to these reasons are if TH is required or permitted by law to hold onto the information a specific amount of time):
- Data that is required in order to perform a contract, will be held on TH”s system for up to a 3 year period following completion of a travelling Pax’s trip (or upon contract termination, if later).
- For legit business interests (as defined in purposes and legal basis of the processing) Data that is no longer deemed necessary will be deleted from our system
When personal data is deemed no longer necessary, it will removed and deleted in a correct manner.
- Data subject’s rights
- Right to access: the right to request, access and copy of the personal information that TH is holding. TH can charge a reasonable fee for 2 or more personal data requests. On copy of personal data will be charged at no cost. Any access requests will need to be requested in writing or email (Mailing & Email address provided in the Data Protection Officer Section above). Evidence of identification will be required as this makes sure that the personal information is not given to the wrong person. Information will be given within 30 days.
- Right to rectification: the right to have personal data rectified if it’s incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: the right to withdraw consent given to process data and the right to request that TH delete personal data from the TH’s System (only exception to this is TH’s compliance to with an legal obligations or if the data is required for any legal claims)
- Right to restriction: The right to stop TH from using personal data or limit how it is used.
- Right to Data portability: The right to request that TH return any information provided in
a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format also have the right to transmit data to another controller without hindrance from TH
Right to object: The right to object how TH uses the personal data received (e.g.
- Lodging a complaint
Any complaints on how TH uses personal data can be sent to the Data Commissioner’s office. More information can be provided on their website: https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint